[AI] Change in ICAI regulations for extra time

Kulkarni, Apoorv apoorvkulkarni at kpmg.com
Wed Aug 11 04:47:25 EDT 2010

Hello all C.A. aspirants,
Please note that the amount of extra time available to VI (with more than 50% disability) in C.A. exams is 30 minutes per 1 hour of paper. Thus if you are appearing for PCC/IPCC/final exam, you will be entitled to 1.5 hours of extra time. Similarly, for CPT you will be allowed 1 hour of extra time (I think the exam duration is 2 hours). Thus, the procedure for availing writer and extra time has changed to that extent. However, the change is not disclosed on the ICAI website and it still talks about allowing 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Please be very alert of this facts as the ICAI is completely careless in allowing extra time to students. In fact, the actual time allowed in different cases ranges from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours for a 3 hours paper without adequate grounds for the same. I myself have been a victim of such careless practices and hope that others will not have to go through the same.
For those interested in further details, feel free to contact me offline. You can also email your requests to Milan Mittal marked in cc to this mail. He was, by grace of God, allowed 1.5 hours of extra time for IPCC exam in May 2010. For your easy reference, his email id is milan.mittal at yahoo.com

Best Regards,
Apoorv Kulkarni
Apoorv Kulkarni
Senior, Accounting Advisory Services (AAS)
kpmg
Lodha Excelus, Apollo Mills Compound
NM Joshi Marg, Mahalaxmi,

Tel:    Office: +91 (22) 3989 6000
Mobile: +91 (0) 9833423344
Fax: +91 (22) 39836000/ 39835010
Email ID: apoorvkulkarni at kpmg.com

BSR allows reasonable personal use of the e-mail system. Views and opinions expressed in these communications do not necessarily represent those of BSR.

DISCLAIMER
It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted
Any opinions or advice contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing client engagement letter.