[AI] information about Special ATM card for VH in SBI (my experience using normal ATM card)

Vishnu Ramchandani vishnu.ramchandani at mphasis.com
Mon Aug 9 23:41:13 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I have my salary account with SBI  with all the facilities such as ATM,
net banking, cheque books, etc. Let me share my experience using normal
ATM card in talking ATM machine.

Some days back, coincidentally, the machine which I used for cash
withdrawal was the talking machine. My wife and I entered in the cabin,
inserted the card. My wife gave the desired input till the 'entering pin
number' option is not arrived. As soon as the 'pin number' option is
displayed on the screen, suddenly, the machine started talking to us:
"welcome to SBI, please enter your secret pin number". Wow! I became
delighted! But what is this! After entering the desired number, The
machine stopped talking to us! Oh no! Finally, we entered the desired
amount for cash withdrawal. And here once again the machine told us (in
voice) to wait till our transaction is being processed. The card came
out (automatically) from the machine and finally, the good computerised
voice thanked us for using SBI...

I wonder what will happen if I use special ATM card in that machine!

Regards,
Vishnu