[AI] FW: Hadley eConnect, July 28, 2010

solomon s teachsolo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 23:22:43 EDT 2010

-- original message --
Subject:	Hadley eConnect, July 28, 2010
Date:		29/07/2010 3:20 am

This newsletter is best viewed in HTML format.
header image: eConnect from The Hadley School for the Blind

July 28, 2010
Seminars at Hadley Presents: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Hadley…
 Date: Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Time:  11:00 a.m. CDT, 16:00 GMT
Like most people, you’ve probably heard about Hadley but now want to know more. Perhaps you even referred students to us in the past but are unsure what is new at Hadley. Find out how the full range of Hadley courses might pair nicely with and complement other programs.
Join Seminars at Hadley as we discuss what Hadley has to offer. Learn about our free programs for people who are blind and for their families and, yes, learn about special courses for professionals! Find out about the buzz that is “Seminars at Hadley” and the free resources available for download.
Bring your questions to this one hour seminar presented by Dawn Turco and Don Golembiewski, moderated by Billy Brookshire.
To register for this seminar, follow this link:
http://hadley.edu/5_c_seminarAtHadley.asp

In Their Own Words
The Class of 2010 had a few things to say about their Hadley studies. Listen to what they shared by following this link!
http://hadley.edu/5_d_graduation.asp

Professionals, looking for Continuing Education Webinars? List of Seminars at Hadley for CE Credit:
Accessible GPS Overview and Comparison
Age Related Macular Degeneration: Current Research and Treatments
The Braille Literacy Crisis
Two Kinds of Light: Friend and Foe
Time Management and Personal Effectiveness
What Research Tells Us About Obstacles for Blind Job Seekers & How They Overcome Them

 eHadley Celebrates Turning 30!

In the last five years, we have seen a dramatic rise in the development and use of new technologies and methods for online education, and Hadley is at the forefront of this growing trend! eHadley has just added its 30th distinct course to its online curriculum. Online education is an important part of distance education and is redefining the way we perceive and deliver education and training. The 30 courses now available online span several subject areas and all four program areas offered at Hadley: Adult Continuing Education (ACE), High School (HS), Family Education (FE) and Hadley School for Professional Studies (HSPS).
eHadley is embracing all aspects of new technologies to enhance online education including the use of audio/video clips, computer simulations, the use of Hadley.edu as a portal for access to additional course resources, links for printing course content in .rtf and .pdf formats and DAISY Digital Talking Books (DTB), online MPD3 Audio Files, Seminars at Hadley and archived podcasts. In addition, we are working to add more interactive exercises, assignments and other activities that utilize collaboration and social networking tools as well as enhance learner knowledge.
Two new courses scheduled to debut this fall that build greater online action with the student and emphasize the Internet as a learning tool include Listening Skills with Screen Readers and Web Browsing on the Internet. For more information about eHadley and a complete course listing, please visit http://hadley.edu/2_h_onlinecourses.asp.

Professionals, we appreciate your referrals!

Hadley encourages you to forward this newsletter to a friend.

    Follow us on: facebook logo
 Facebook         twitter logo
 Twitter

About Hadley    Enroll Now    Donate Online