[AI] any specificPDA for blinds.

Kiran Kaja kirankaja12 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 04:18:16 EDT 2010

A few things to note here. If portability is extremely important, then your
options are limited. There is PacMate which is rubbish hardware. It is huge
and clunky. There is BrailleNote Apex and VoiceNote Apex which are sleek

but have a custom user interface but are highly productive. There is also
Braille Sense.

On the other hand, the best note-taking device I found is the netbook. These
days, they are not expensive and they are extremely portable. And you can
use NVDA for basic note-taking tasks and also internet.

The iPhone 3GS / iPhone 4 with an external braille display / keyboard is
another option. I am testing this combo and it works great. You can leave
your iPhone in a bag or your pocket and control it via the braille display's
keyboard. And PDFs can be read as well. but the hole setup is ridiculously
expensive.

It is better not to consider Android for now. the accessibility of this
platform is very flaky at present.

Regards,
Kiran