[AI] Eligibility of a writer

Kiran S Deshpande kiranpru at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 01:17:12 EDT 2010

Dear Friends,

I know the thought that I am sharing here must have come to many of yo as
well. I am relatively new to the list and may be this has been discussed
earlier but still i would like any of you to throw some light on this.

I am asking myself after reading all this as to why is that examinations
above the std 7 not taken online where what one needs to create is an online
question paper that will be accessible with NVDA or Jaws, and hence avoid
these necessities of a scribe and the usual set of problems related it to
the same. The state Education minister has been appraised of this
possibility under a scheme and I am awaiting response on the same.

My Question to all the people here is why is that an online examination is
not advocated to all those who can use a computer with a screen reader and a
simple test is given online the most simplest from of getting examined.

This shall erase the need of

Finding a scribe.
Speed related issues.
Spelling mistake related issues.
and many such things.

Pl let me know if someone has thought. I know that people may differ on how
will this be implemented but i want to just know why this cant be done when
it is relatively easy?

Regards,

Kiran S Deshpande

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Asudani, Rajesh
<rajeshasudani at rbi.org.in>wrote:

> Dear Swasti
> In the exams you have referred, they don't even let you take your own
> scribe, forget about eligibility.
>
> Regards
>
> "If you believe that there is a God, a God that made your
> body, and yet you think that you can do anything with
> that body that's dirty, then the fault lies with the manufacturer."
>
>                                             --Lenny Bruce
>
> (Rajesh Asudani)
>
> Assistant General Manager,
> Reserve Bank of India
> Nagpur
> 09420397185
> O: 0712 2806676
> Res: 0712 2591349

Kind Regards,

Kiran S Deshpande.

DISCLAIMER:-

This e-mail message (including any attachment) is intended only for the
personal use of the recipient(s) named above. This message is confidential
and may be legally privileged.  If you are not an intended recipient, you
may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete
the original message.

Any views or opinions expressed in this message are those of the author
only. Furthermore, this message (including any attachment) does not create
any legally binding rights or obligations whatsoever, which may only be
created by the exchange of hard copy documents signed by a duly authorized
representative of the company If Official or other wise signed by the Author
on Valid Documents.