[AI] Importing contacts from gmail to MS outlook
jayinfotech at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 06:18:19 EDT 2010
Try steps given on site
Steps give are as follows
1. Log on to your Google Gmail account.
2. In the left column, click Contacts.
3. On the right side of your screen, above the message count, click
4. Click Outlook CSV (for import into Outlook clients).
5. Click Export Contacts.
6. When prompted to download the export file, click Save.
7. Choose a location on your computer to temporarily save the file. The
default file name is gmail-to-outlook.csv.
Note You can delete this file after your contacts are imported into
8. Click Save.
9. In Outlook, on the File menu, click Import and Export.
10. Click Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
11. Click Comma Separated Values (DOS), and then click Next.
12. In the Import a File box, browse to find the file you downloaded in
step 8, and then double-click the file.
13. Click one of the following:
* Replace duplicates with items imported
* Allow duplicates to be created
* Do not import duplicate items
14. Click Next.
15. In the folder list, click the Contacts folder where you want the
imported contact information to go, and then click Next.
16. To add or remove fields to determine the way the contact information
is saved in the new imported file, click Map Custom Fields.
Note The Map Custom Fields button in the Import a File dialog box might
not be available when you try to import data from another program or file.
In the The following actions will be performed box, select the Import check
box, and then the Map Custom Fields button is available.
ShowAdditional help on mapping custom fields
1. In the From box, drag the field that you want to convert onto the
Outlook field that is listed in the To box.
Note The Name field doesn't appear in the To box because Outlook reserves
the first row of a named range or field names. If the range that you import
does not contain field names, the first row of data will be interpreted as
field names and will not be imported as data. To make sure that all of the
data in the named range is imported, use the first row for field names.
* To see additional records in the From box, click Previous or Next.
* To remove all mapping, click Clear Map.
* To reset the original mapping, click Default Map.
2. To display additional fields in the To box, click the plus sign (+)
next to the field. For example, to display the Business Street and Business
City fields, click the plus sign (+) next to Business Address.
17. Click Finish.
Hope this helps
From: accessindia-bounces at accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-bounces at accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Vamshi G
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 09:11 PM
To: accessindia at accessindia.org.in
Subject: [AI] Importing contacts from gmail to MS outlook
Is there any way by which we can import contacts from gmail to MS outlook?
I can't see any feature of exporting contacts in gmail.
M: +91 9949349497
R: +91 877 2243861
>From darkness unto light
Voice your thoughts in the blog to discuss the Rights of persons with
disability bill at:
To unsubscribe send a message to accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in with
the subject unsubscribe.
To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes, please
visit the list home page at
More information about the AccessIndia