[AI] some questions about gps and way finder access!!!

Geetha Shamanna geetha at millernorbert.de
Tue Jul 20 09:25:52 EDT 2010


Hi Rajesh and all,

You are right, the Google Route Planner site has unfortunately stopped 
working.

However, there are other methods of obtaining map data and converting it 
into LS checkpoints; for example, via GeoCoder or the Open Street Map sites. 
Loadstone's Tools page contains links to these sites as well as to programs 
which can convert this map data into LS points. Please visit
http://www.loadstone-gps.com/docs/tools/
for additional information.

Hope this helps.
Geetha
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Asudani, Rajesh" <rajeshasudani at rbi.org.in>
To: <accessindia at accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 11:09 AM
Subject: Re: [AI] some questions about gps and way finder access!!!


So, does it mean that We cannot obtain readymade checkpoints for loadstone 
also!!
I have been browsing various sites about the matter and various tools on LS 
site only convert databases etc.
Even the distance and heading calculator there fails to give any reliable 
feedback.
Nokia OVI maps are not fully accessible and are not usable with most 
handsets.

So, Geetha, Pranav, Vetri  and others who have been using GPS, Please reply 
that is it the fact that now we may not get any assistance for finding 
directions to desired place even in LS?
Or is there any way left?
Actually, GPS which is of utmost use to blind persons in navigation, has 
remained a tantalizing illusion for them, till now.
so sad!


Regards

"If you believe that there is a God, a God that made your
body, and yet you think that you can do anything with
that body that's dirty, then the fault lies with the manufacturer."

                                             --Lenny Bruce

(Rajesh Asudani)

Assistant General Manager,
Reserve Bank of India
Nagpur
09420397185
O: 0712 2806676
Res: 0712 2591349




-----Original Message-----
From: accessindia-bounces at accessindia.org.in 
[mailto:accessindia-bounces at accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of anjali Anand
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 2:34 PM
To: accessindia at accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] some questions about gps and way finder access!!!

i too would be interested to know how to find and discover ones
surrounding using the technology of the web, mobile or any other.
are there sites from which we can  gain knowledge about locations,
attraction points, markets and so on in the city of once choice?
please tell how to use google maps.
  thanks

On 7/20/10, Asudani, Rajesh <rajeshasudani at rbi.org.in> wrote:
> I have noticed that a very good resource for finding directions and
> generating LS checkpoints
> http://groute.loadstone-gps.pl
> has been shut down.
> Is there any other comparable resource for finding directions and also for
> generating LS checkpoints
> Geetha may please  shed some light as she had come up with the wonderful
> resource in the first place.
>
>
> Regards
>
> "If you believe that there is a God, a God that made your
> body, and yet you think that you can do anything with
> that body that's dirty, then the fault lies with the manufacturer."
>
>                                              --Lenny Bruce
>
> (Rajesh Asudani)
>
> Assistant General Manager,
> Reserve Bank of India
> Nagpur
> 09420397185
> O: 0712 2806676
> Res: 0712 2591349
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: accessindia-bounces at accessindia.org.in
> [mailto:accessindia-bounces at accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Adhimoolam
> Vetrivel Murugan
> Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 12:00 PM
> To: accessindia at accessindia.org.in
> Subject: Re: [AI] some questions about gps and way finder access!!!
>
> These questions have been discussed several times on the list. WF Is
> useless in India and will be useless worldwide in a few months.
> Loadstone is the only available gps program for us and you may wish to
> find out by visiting its web page.
>
> On 20/07/2010, Timy Sebastian Ettumanoor
> <timysebastian.sebastian88 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> dear access Indians!!! hoping all are fine.
>>
>> I would like know about the accessibility of the way finder access andGPS
>> .
>>
>> my questions are:
>>
>>
>> *. what about the
>> Accessibility of talks with gps????
>>
>>
>>
>> *. the gps is in builted with one mobile, we should have separately
>> installed the way finder access again???
>>
>>
>>
>> *. the gps facility is available in India???
>>
>>
>> if it is available, please tell me which all are the state it will get???
>> any help will be more appreciated.
>>
>> sorry for, already answer these questions.
>>
>>
>>
>>  with regards your friend,
>>
>> Timy Sebastian Ettumanoor.
>>
>> kerala- India.
>>
>> skype ID: timyseba
>>
>> mobile: (09809223271).
>>
>> Voice your thoughts in the blog to discuss the Rights of persons with
>> disability bill at:
>> http://www.accessindia.org.in/harish/blog.htm
>>
>> To unsubscribe send a message to accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in
>> with
>> the subject unsubscribe.
>>
>> To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes,
>> please
>> visit the list home page at
>>
>> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in
>>
>
> Voice your thoughts in the blog to discuss the Rights of persons with
> disability bill at:
> http://www.accessindia.org.in/harish/blog.htm
>
> To unsubscribe send a message to accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in 
> with
> the subject unsubscribe.
>
> To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes, 
> please
> visit the list home page at
> 
> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in
>
> Notice: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
> intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
> addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use,
> review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in
> this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If 
> you
> have received this email by error,  please notify us by return e-mail or
> telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any
> attachments. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for
> the presence of viruses. The Reserve Bank of India  accepts no liability 
> for
> any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
>
> Voice your thoughts in the blog to discuss the Rights of persons with
> disability bill at:
> http://www.accessindia.org.in/harish/blog.htm
>
> To unsubscribe send a message to accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in 
> with
> the subject unsubscribe.
>
> To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes, 
> please
> visit the list home page at
> 
> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in
>

Voice your thoughts in the blog to discuss the Rights of persons with 
disability bill at:
http://www.accessindia.org.in/harish/blog.htm

To unsubscribe send a message to accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in with 
the subject unsubscribe.

To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes, please 
visit the list home page at
  http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in

Notice: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and 
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are 
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, 
review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in 
this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you 
have received this email by error,  please notify us by return e-mail or 
telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any 
attachments. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for 
the presence of viruses. The Reserve Bank of India  accepts no liability for 
any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Voice your thoughts in the blog to discuss the Rights of persons with 
disability bill at:
http://www.accessindia.org.in/harish/blog.htm

To unsubscribe send a message to accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in with 
the subject unsubscribe.

To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes, please 
visit the list home page at
  http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in 





More information about the AccessIndia mailing list