[AI] XRCVC-Tech Mahindra Foundation Scholarship 2010
Xavier's Resource Centre for the Visuall St. Xavier's College
xrcvc at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 17 06:43:31 EDT 2010
XRCVC-Tech Mahindra Foundation Scholarship
The XRCVC and the Tech Mahindra Foundation are happy to announce the Scholarships for the year 2010 - 2011. The XRCVC-Tech Mahindra Foundation Scholarship is a financial support for the visually challenged students pursuing higher education who meet the eligibility criteria of the scholarship.
The scholarship hopes to help the candidate to overcome any financial obstacle that may limit their further education and success. The scholarship aims to specially support students pursuing professional post graduate education though is open to other needy students as well. We wish that with this right support the deserving candidates will be able to excel in the professional field of their choice making a mark for themselves and being an inspiration for others.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
In order to qualify for applying for the XRCVC-Tech Mahindra Foundation Scholarship the terms as decided by the funder are the following:
1. The Annual family income of the candidate should be less than Rs 3,00,000.00 (Income certificate needs to be attached)
2. The candidate should have already secured admission in the course of their choice. (photocopy of the admission receipt and/or identity card needs to be attached)
3. The candidates past academic performance has met a minimum of 50% (Photocopy of results of the past three years to be attached)
4. The candidate has a vision disability (photocopy of the disability certificate to be attached)
5. Candidates need to produce the original documents at the time of the selection interview.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria need to fill and submit the attached Application Form to the XRCVC, St.Xavier’s College, Mumbai latest by 23rd August 2010.
The short listed candidates will go through an interview screening. The final decision will be made solely by the selection committee. The committee will not entertain any further correspondence in this regard. In case of a physical interview candidate needs to be present on his/her own expenses.
Selected candidates will be awarded a scholarship of up to Rs 50,000.00 based on candidate’s application and need. The scholarship money will be granted solely for the purpose of meeting the following needs
1. Educational Fees
2. Educational Material and other Related Academic Expenses
3. Hostel Fees
The scholarship grant will be made in two instalments. The awardees are expected to submit a utilization report with appropriate bills and fee receipts along with performance/results for the subsequent grant to be released.
To download application form and income certificate format please visit our website.
Dr. Sam Taraporevala
Xavier's Resource Centre for the Visually Challenged (XRCVC)
St. Xavier's College, 5 Mahapalika Marg
Mumbai - 400001
+91 22 22620661-5 (extn: 366)
+91 22 22623298 (direct)
+91 9967028769 (mobile)
xrcvc at hotmail.com
See the news as it happens on MSN videos
More information about the AccessIndia