[AI] Jobs for the blind.

Eyeway Helpdesk helpdesk at eyeway.org
Mon Jul 12 02:08:56 EDT 2010

Hi Nikhil,
The Eyeway sms alerts channel is called 'EyewayNews' (a one word name).
There are two ways to subscribe to it:

Send an SMS to the number: 9870807070
With the message: ON EYEWAYNEWS

OR,

If you have a Google/GMail account, you can subscribe by visiting http://labs.google.co.in/smschannels/subscribe/EyewayNews.

Please note:
1. Calling on the number 9870807070 would not give you any response.
2. The commands and channel name are not case sensitive, so writing in CAPS or lower case anyways would work.
3. The number 9870807070 is not a premium number. So you pay your normal sms charges for a message sent to it. No monthly or one-time charges, its a free service.
4. Its a public channel made using a Google service, and Google does not share your number with us, so no risk of your number being shared with anybody else.

You may read more about EyewayNews at http://www.eyeway.org/eyeway-sms.

Feel free to revert if you have any queries about it.

thanks and regards,

Pranay Gadodia | Programme Manager
Project Eyeway - A knowledge resource for living a fuller life with vision loss
C/o Score Foundation, 17/107, Vikram Vihar, Basement, Lajpatnagar 4, New Delhi 110024, INDIA.

Helpdesk:+91-11-460 70 380 (Monday to Friday 10am to 5pm)
Email: helpdesk at eyeway.org
Website: www.eyeway.org