[AI] hai friends hel p to configure for outlook express

kishan lal sharma kishanlal3 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 02:20:16 EDT 2010

To set up your Outlook 2003 client to work with Gmail:

  1.. Enable IMAP in Gmail. Don't forget to click Save Changes when you're
done.
  2.. Open Outlook.
  3.. Click the Tools menu, and select E-mail Accounts...
  4.. Click Add a new e-mail account, then click Next.
  5.. Choose IMAP as your server type by clicking the radio button, and
click Next.
  6.. Fill in all necessary fields to include the following information:
    User Information
    Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From:
field of outgoing messages.
    Email Address: Enter your full email address (username at gmail.com).
Google Apps users, enter your address in the format username at your_domain.com
    Server Information
    Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.gmail.com
    Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com

    Login Information
    User Name: Enter your full email address (including @gmail.com or
@your_domain.com)
    Password: Enter your Gmail password.

  7.. Click More Settings... and then click the Outgoing Server tab.
  8.. Check the box next to 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires
authentication' and select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.

  9.. Click the Advanced tab, and check the box next to 'This server
requires an encrypted connection (SSL)' under Incoming Server (IMAP). Also,
enter 993 in the Incoming server (IMAP) box.

  10.. Check the box next to 'This server requires an encrypted connection
(SSL)' under Outgoing Server (SMTP), and enter 465 in the Outgoing server
(SMTP) box.
  11.. Click OK.
  12.. Click Next, and then click Finish.
  13.. Download the latest updates for Outlook from Microsoft. This will
help prevent the most common Outlook errors that Gmail users see.
  14.. Check our recommended client settings, and adjust your client's
settings as needed.
Congratulations! You're done configuring your client to send and retrieve
Gmail messages.