[AI] Require information related to scanners.

Pranav Lal pranav.lal at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 20:41:46 EDT 2010

Has your friend considered a camera based solution such as the Pearl from
Freedom Scientific?

Does the scanner need to be portable? I understand that some scanners from
Cannon are portable but use CCD sensors so you really need to press the
document flat on to the scanner's glass. My favorite is the optic book line
of scanners from Plustek that are book edge scanners so you maximise the
scanning area.

Also, does your friend need to scan a3 sized documents? If yes, then the
choices are limited.

Pranav