[AI] question on how to retreve data from a crashed hard disk
Dr. Yogesh Sharma
yogesh.sharma569 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 14:27:57 EDT 2010
Dear Austin, There can be many interpretations of the hard disk getting crashed. For example:
1. there can be too many bad sectors in the hard disk, which render it unworthy of use.
2. The small diskettes inside the hard disk have been damaged, or their movement is hampered.
3. Windows doesn't start, and hence you can't know as too what is the condition of the data that it contains.
4. Window can not be re-installed.
5. The partitioning of the hard disk is lost and it doesn't show any particular drive or drives.
6. You are hearing some sounds from it.
So, first tell us what symptoms you are witnessing. Only than can the remedies be suggested.
More information about the AccessIndia