[AI] Status of talking ATM installations in India

Kanchan Pamnani kanchanpamnani at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 14:30:29 EDT 2010

There is a RBI circular. Will send it tomorrow. SBI has started rolling out
ATMs. We had tested these machines in Mumbai last year. I am forwarding your
mails to Dr. Sam at XRCVC  who has been in touch with the SBI.

It started with a case before the Commissioner of Disabilities in 2005. then
the RBI circular of 2008 and then the other circular of  RBI to banks asking
them to have 1/3rd talking ATMS. Then last year the testing and reports. Now
the roll out has started.
They were supposed to be full fledged ATMS which additionally had audio
output.
Now when I read these reports of special cards etc. I am quite surprised.

Please let me know what is your exact interest in this matter and I can
explain better.
Kanchan