[AI] Is it time for persons with disability to enter politics?

Kanchan Pamnani kanchanpamnani at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 23:33:05 EDT 2010

Thank you for your vote of confidence. I am not interested and will never
be. after my recent interactions with Parliamentarians in and out of
Parliament I am definitely not interested. I have however enjoyed your
discussions and have read all the mails on the subject. Whoever decides to
stand must start working now. I promise to stop my work for those last15
days and come and campaign. I wish I had done it when Javed was standing in
2004.

However there is one thing I would like to say there are people on this
group who can make a difference by campaigning, lobbying and airing their
views on subjects but who only do so in our forum.
I know that I was not trained in advocacy. I just found something that was
hurting others and started. Recently I have been asking for help on this
group but except for praise I do not get the active help that such causes
need. More about this in another email.
In my Rotaract year as District Governor my theme was "its you who matters".
I still feel that every one on this group makes a difference whether we are
in Parliament or not.
If someone really does want to stand then we will have to support and
support actively in whatever way we can.
Onward March to Parliament

Kanchan