[AI] Now, a car for the blind

Asudani, Rajesh rajeshasudani at rbi.org.in
Mon Jul 5 01:07:46 EDT 2010

Yes, but you cannot see, you always fail to see.
As far as substituting sight with technical means concerned, forget it, because there don't exist perfect substitutions for mundane physical parts as legs and teeth also.
So, sensory substitution is just in experimental phase.
And, perfect substitution or relay of visual information  in real time is what we require for driving.
Don't forget about reaction time. delay of even half a second may have fatal consequences.
So, let us be realistic, at least in India.
Could anybody update me on what is news about brain port?

Regards

"If you believe that there is a God, a God that made your
body, and yet you think that you can do anything with
that body that's dirty, then the fault lies with the manufacturer."

                                             --Lenny Bruce

(Rajesh Asudani)

Assistant General Manager,
Reserve Bank of India