[AI] excel protection
swastimathur at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 12:08:36 EDT 2010
to protect a single cell do the following:
1. open the file which ever you want to protect and press ctrl + a to
select the entire sheet.
2. press ctrl +1 and tab to protection page.
3. now uncheck the check box lock cells and press enter.
4. go to cell which you want to protect.
5. again press ctrl + 1 and tab to protection page.
6. now check the box "lock cell and press enter.
7. move to tool menu and press p to protection sub menu.
8. open protection sheet window.
9. enter password if you desire and press enter.
you are done!
i have tried this.
Kamal Verma wrote:
> Hai everyone,
> In Excel, I need to protect only a single cell. Please advise me any
> Kamal Verma
> The Information transmitted in this email is solely for the addressee.
> It is confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to this email
> by anyone else is unauthorized. Any disclosure, copying, distribution
> or any action taken by anyone other than by the intended recipient is
> prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient
> then kindly delete the mail from your system. Any opinion or views
> expressed in this mail may not necessarily reflect that of Punjab
> National Bank. The bank considers unencrypted email as an insecure
> mode of communication.
> Voice your thoughts in the blog to discuss the Rights of persons with
> disability bill at:
> To unsubscribe send a message to
> accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in with the subject unsubscribe.
> To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes,
> please visit the list home page at
More information about the AccessIndia