[AI] excel protection

BHAWANI SHANKAR VERMA bsvermadurg at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 09:30:07 EDT 2010

here is the solution, i tried.
1. open new worksheet.
2. select all by pressing ctrl+a.
3. press ctrl+1, and go to protection tab. uncheck the box lock cell. press
ok to confirm your action.
4. finish your entire working with excel sheet.
5. go to those particular cells which you want to protect and lock them
individually, as unlocked earlier in point no.3.
6. open the tools>protect>protect worksheet. if you don't want to give
password, leave the password blank. leave
the next check box in checked status. press tab, now you will land on list
box. in this list use up and down arrow keys to move through check boxes.
the first check box "lock cells" and the second check box "unlock cells"
should be checked. press ok to confirm your action.  you all done.
please take note that once a sheet is protected, user is allowed only to
jump in to the unlocked cells. even a screen reader user can not access
locked cells. but, sighted user can see it on screen. i tried these settings
with office xp and 2003. i don't use office 2007, because i am able to open
office 2007 files with office xp.
let me know the result, please.