[AI] Description of file type in windows explorer

Vicky Singh ask.champs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 06:05:28 EDT 2010

Dear List members,

Hope all are doing fine. I am writing this email in response to a
query from a list member who had recently formatted his computer and
now his JAWS is not reading the file type info while exploring files
in windows explorer.

1.	Open JAWS (Ins+J)
2.	Goto Utility
3.	Goto Configuration Manager
4.	Goto user “Set Options”
5.	Goto Verbosity Options
6.	Goto Beginner preferences Button
7.	A dialog box with list as :Items to be spoken”
8.	Goto last item “Tooltip” and check it.

Your job is done.
Hope it helps.

Regards,

VS