[AI] Care for spellings in postings - a request

prateek aggarwal prateekagarwal99 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 00:33:46 EDT 2010

Hello,
I respect all of yours statements, and in fact, you folks are those
who are ideals for people like me.
Respected yadav sir, from what little understanding I could develop
about the accessindia list, we discuss the things which are blindness
specific.
Resemble or not, the problem of having weak spelling sense in some of
our friends is only because they are blind.
Having said that, I would just slightly like to touch the issue, that
most often, I found out that the schools for blind people are usually
having week foundation, hence they don’t put much emphasis on English
language.
In fact, the efforts which our learned friends have made besides all
that is certainly praiseworthy and inspirational for me.
Considering this, I don’t see it wrong to make an effort to improve
something as vital as spelling correctly.
Specially, there are a lot of youngsters, who are so intelligent in
their studies, and seeing big dreams of achievements. I would never
appreciate any hindrance in their path of success, just because of
some wrong spellings which they might write.
This list according to me, is not just an instrument of asking doubts,
but we have friends over here, so personally, I love if I can help any
of my friends in an area where I can.
In fact, I don’t have any problem reading wrong spellings as well, but
I want to improve my friends to an extent where they can collaborate
with the society and make themselves inclusive.
So, before they write incorrect spellings in  the group of sighted
people, I see it a moral responsibility to let them know if there is
anything that’s needed to improve.
Ok, no one in the world of sighted people is perfect,
But some of our learned friends finds it difficult to spell some very
basic words, which I believe can be spelled correctly by most of the
sighted people in their competition.
Sometimes, very basic words like
“Hello”, “computer”, “step”, “guidance”, “could”, “would”, “should”,
etc are spelled incorrectly, which though are  not  big mistakes, but
improvement in basic spellings  like these will perhaps make it
better.

Here, I would like to reiterate that the problem with spellings is
usually because some of we blind people did not get an access of
written material.
We do are studies either with audio cassettes, CDs, or EText, and in
all of these mediums, our focus does not go on the spellings of the
words, which is  obvious.
Here, I agree that Braille can prove a great tool to improve
spellings, as when one intersects his/her fingers on the Braille
letter, the spellings automatically keep registering in the mind while
reading the text.
Some of us tent to take Braille as an old and outmoded medium, but I
still feel a great relevance of using Braille.
Therefore, with all respect to one and all,
I would like to request to kindly help each others in improving
spellings because this is a nice way to make ourselves inclusive in
the society and achieve heights of success in our
careers/education/personal levels.

regards,
Prateek agarwal.
 Skype:
Prateek_agarwal32
Wanna see inside me? My blog is the telescope:
http://www.myfriendprateek.blogspot.com
website:
http://www.prateekagarwal.webs.com

the best way to accomplish your softwares/websites development needs.
You tell, I’ll build.