[AI] List of prominence braille press across the country

gautam gtm.agrawal at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 06:54:34 EDT 2010

To Mr. Bhavani,

I am 100% agree with you on the point that Braille is being treated as a
second option now this days, while in fact it has no substitute.   I think
Braille literacy is as mandatory for all of us as the literacy of ink print
script for our sighted counter parts.  It is therefore the demand of the
hour that all the organizations working for the blind at any level be pay
the special attention to the promotion of Braille literacy and its use.

I take this opportunity to use this forum for vide dissemination of
informations in regard with such prominent Braille presses across the
country from where a vide range of Braille books in Hindi, English and some
extent in regional languages can be obtained at highly subsidized and
affordable price.  This list is as follows.

CBP Braille Press (Dehradun)
Central Braille Press
National Institute for the Visually Handicapped (N.I.V.H.)
# 116, Rajpur Road,
DEEHRADUN-248 001.
Uttranchal.
Ph. No.: Board line - 0135 - 2744979
             Direct line - 0135 - 2738122
Fax No.: 0135 - 2748147
E-mail ID: mcbp at nivh.org
Website: www.nivh.org

AICB Braille Press (New Delhi)
All India Confederation of the Blind
Braille Bhawan,
Sector-V, Rohini,
Near Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Hospital,
DELHI-110 085.
Ph. No.: 011 - 27054082, 27247469
Fax No.: 011 - 27050915
E-mail ID: aicbdelhi at yahoo.com & aicb at mailcity.com
Website: www.aicb.org.in

NAB Sir J. Duggan Braille Press (Mumbai)
National Association for the Blind (India)
# 11-12, Khan Abdul Gaffer Khan Road,
Worli Seaface,
MUMBAI-400 025.
Ph. No.: 022 - 24932820 / 24952913
Fax No.: 022 - 249321539
E-mail ID: nabin at vsnl.com
Website: www.nabindia.org

NFB Computerized Braille Press (Baahadurgarh)
National Federation of the Blind (India)
# 7/458, Delhi Rothak Road,
BAHADURGAH. (Haryana)
Jhajjar (Dist.),
Ph. No.: 01276 - 230912 / 235849
Fax No.: 01276 - 233025

Braille Press (Narendrapur)
Ramkrishna Mission Blind Boys Academy (Narendrapur, W/B)
Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama,
Narrendrapur,
KOLKATTA - 700 103.
(A Branch Centre of Ramkrishna Mission,
P.O. Belurmath, Dist. Howrah,
WEST BENGAL - 711 202.
Ph. No.: 2477 2201 (3 lines)
Fax No.: 033 - 24772070
E-mail ID: bbarkm at vsnl.net

CFBI Braille Press (Chennai)
Christian Foundation for the Blind (India)
CFBI Services Complex,
# 2, Officer's Line, G.S.T. Road,
Pallavaram (Opp. New Airport),
CHENNAI - 600 043.
Ph. No.: 044 - 22641594 / 22640356
Fax No.: 044 - 22641594
Mobile No.: 9841166514
E-mail ID: efbi at md4.vsnl.net.in
Website: www.cfbiministries.org

PBMA Braille Press (Pune)
Technical Training Institute of the
Poona Blind Men's Association,
# 109, Dr. Helen Keller Road,
Raamtekdi, Haadapsar,
PUNE -411 013.
Ph. No.: 020 - 26870609 / 26870986
Fax No.: 020 - 26811834
E-mail ID: tti60 at vsnl.com

Government Braille Press (Mysore)
Tilak Nagar,
Mysore  570 021.
Ph. No.: 0821 - 497496

NAB Braille Press (Delhi)
National Association for the Blind
Delhi State Branch
Sector-V, R.K. Puram,
NEW DELHI - 110 022.
Ph. No.: 011 - 26102944 / 26176379 / 26175886
Fax No.: 011 - 26187650 / 23010917
E-mail ID: nab at vsnl.com & nabdelhi at del2.vsnl.net.in
Website: www.nabdelhi.org

KFB Braille Press (Thiruvananthapuram)