[AI] about dragging and dropping:

Mukesh Sharma mrmukeshsharma at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 06:41:03 EDT 2010

Amar,
With the help of JAWS cursor you can drag and drop certain objects but it is
not possible in some cases.
Technically, JAWS can drag an object from x position to y position only if
both x and y are visible on the screen at a time (x and y starting and end
position respectively).
For instance, if you would like to drag an desktop icon from top to bottom,
you can do that as both start and end position are visible at a time. In
case you would like to drag a paragraph from page one and would like to drop
in page 10, it will not work as when you reach page 10, the content of page
1 which is to be dragged is not visible.

Further, some time it is difficult to identify the frame where exactly the
cursor should be placed to let JAWS drag the object.
Say if you have 2 frame of service,
1. Enabled and
2. Disabled.

Suppose both the frame have icon holder for icon, one must drag an icon to
appropriate blank icon holder. In this case, JAWS will not be able to help
you identify the blank holder thus will not be able to drag and drop.

And a lot more issues not allowing us to do this bit.

Satisfied?
Thanks
Mukesh