[AI] FW: [Talks] Torsten Brand Condolence Book & Memorial Fund

Pranav Lal pranav.lal at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 20:45:57 EDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: talks-bounces at talksusers.com [mailto:talks-bounces at talksusers.com] On
Behalf Of Neil Barnfather - TalkNav
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2010 1:30 AM
To: talks-uk at freelists.org; 'Talks Mailing List'; 'The Accessible Phones
Discussion List'; aiphone at yahoogroups.com; viphone at googlegroups.com
Cc: 'Access e-mail forum'
Subject: [Talks] Torsten Brand Condolence Book & Memorial Fund

Dear All,

Please forgive the multi-list posting. This is just a short notice to let
you know that I'd like to start to consider closing the Book of Condolence
setup in memory of Torsten Brand, creator of Nuance Talks, in a few weeks
from now.

After which point it will still be possible to sign the book online, but
entries after this time will not be printed into the official copy which is
to be handed to Torsten's family in Germany shortly thereafter.

Additionally, the Memorial Fund which we have setup to collect donations
from those wishing to donate will be closed at the same time, with funds
being passed to Torsten's family alongside the Book of Condolence.
Unfortunately it will not be possible to donate after the Memorial Fund is
closed.

I am delighted with the responses thus far, and many of you have entered
both kind and heartfelt messages. May I ask two things of you all, firstly
if you have signed, please check that your entry is present as sometimes
these things do go wrong. Secondly, please pass this message on to any list
to which it has not yet been posted to which you are a member, obviously
blind product / service related.

Many of us have benefited from Torsten's work, either directly through use
of Nuance Talks, or through the innovations which challenged that product.
It is our hope that we can show our mutual appreciation for this pioneer of
our community through our expressions within our individual dedications.

If your entry does not appear on the pages of the book you may try either
again to make your entry, please do check though after to make sure it
worked. Or, send your name, country and message to; service at talknav.com with
the subject line, Book of Condolence.

Many thanks to you all

Twitter: @neilbarnfather