[AI] FW: May 15 Issue

Suhas Karnik suhasvkarnik at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 18 11:22:29 EDT 2010

Subject: May 15 Issue
From: editor at ncpedp.org
To: suhasvkarnik at hotmail.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 06:13:15 -0400

Disability News and Information Service

  Vol 7 Issue 10 . May 15, 2010

D.N.I.S. is produced  and managed by National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People

Feature‘The N.C.P.E.D.P.- MphasiS Universal Design Awards’

Interview“Awareness that disabled persons are not handicapped, and can perform just as well as anyone else has to grow in society,” Mehul Choksi

News

M.S.J.E. finally concedes to D.R.G.’s demand for a new law!
Committee to draft New Disability Act: M.S.J.E. stumbles, yet again
First meeting of Committee on New Disability Act on June 10
Census 2011: Guidelines for Enumerators on the question on disability
Incentive scheme for private sector falls flat, second year in a row!
New Access Guidelines likely to be adopted as standards by B.I.S.
I.L.O. to develop Global Business and Disability Network
30 disabled students clear U.P.S.C. exam
Bombay High Court overrides Maharashtra rules, grants permission to blind student to write entrance exam
All historical monuments in the country to be made disabled friendly

Communication Unit of:

National Centre for Promotion of

Employment for Disabled People

A - 77, South Extension Part - II

New Delhi 110 049

Copyright 2010 Disability News and Information Service. All rights reserved.