[AI] quary regarding jaws.

Zujar Shabbir Kanchwala zujarbright at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 06:03:39 EDT 2010

Hey!

you can opt to mute JAWS temporarily by turning the synthesizer off.
Press INSERT+V to bring up the Adjust JAWS Options dialog box. Press
End key to go to the last option for 'Synthesizer Speech'. Press
SPACEBAR to turn it off. Press Enter to close the dialog box. Closing
the application or switching over to another application turns the
synthesizer on again.

You can turn the speech off permanently using the JAWS context menu.
Insert+J -> Language submenu -> Voice Profile submenu -> No Speech.
You can turn it on again using the same menu structure. Restarting
JAWS would also turn on the speech, but if you really want to use this
option its better to close JAWS in the first place.