[AI] text boxes

Pranav Lal pranav.lal at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 20:02:25 EDT 2010

Hi all,

It is possible to access text boxes. As you move around the document with
your arrow keys, the insertion pointer will get into a text box. The problem
comes in exiting from them. I have been told that you use the escape key to
exit the text box.

Another kind of document that has text boxes is a form created in Microsoft
Word. There are new controls introduced in the Word 2007 forms toolbar. Jaws
11 at least does not treat them as forms controls. This is a known problem.
I cannot comment on other screen readers. They may  handle such forms
better.

Pranav