[AI] Bianary language.

Zujar Shabbir Kanchwala zujarbright at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 15:05:56 EDT 2010

You can convert a decimal number to its binary equivalent as follows:

1.  Divide the given number by 2 as long as you get 0 as quotient.

2.  Form a number using remainders (0 or 1) after each division in step 1.

3.  Reverse the number formed in step 2.

Here's an example:

The binary equivalent of 26 is calculated as follows:

1.  Divide 26 by 2 as long as we get a 0 quotient. This is shown in the
following table.

Number to Divide by 2

Quotient

Remainder

26

13

0

13

6

1

6

3

0

3

1

1

1

0

1

2.  Now, form a number by picking up digits in the Remainder column. The
number is 01011.

3.  Reverse the number. So, we get 11010.

Hence the binary equivalent of 26 is 11010.

Hth.

Best Regards,

Zujar...

An optimist laughs to forget, whereas a pessimist forgets to laugh!