[AI] Is windows 7 compatible with jaws 11

Arpit Jain arpit.ajn at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 06:49:31 EDT 2010

Hi!

Yes, apart from Apple Mac, no other laptop comes preloaded with a
screen reader software, but if you have used windows from the start,
using Mac is not advisable as:
> Transition to Macintosh operating system will be like learning a new language.
> Usually, a good Mac laptop will cost you just the double of it's equivalent hardware for windows.

I'd suggest that you stick with Windows, if you want to play safe and
can install open source NVDA screen reader which is a freeware. It
isn't as flexible and as heavily featured as Jaws or windows-eyes, but
it surely is catching up and best of all it's free..

Regards
Arpit Jain
Pune
Skype: arpit.ajn