[AI] problem with Walking

BHAWANI SHANKAR VERMA bsvermadurg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 08:57:22 EDT 2010

not at all! you can walk alone, once you decided. better you must start it
with white cane. usually we say long cane. if i walk alone, i use long cane,
if escorted, i keep folding cane with me. now here i will tell you some
mobility techniques, nobody can guarantee, whether they will work, in your
environment, but, it will support you to maximum extent possible.

hold the long cane and bend it down to the level of your belt. now keep the
head of cane one or two inches far from the zip of your belt. and the tail
(tip) of the cane should be in front and stuck on the floor. grip your cane
with your right arm, your fore finger should be open and stick on the cane.
now you can move forward. but, do one thing. when you step your right leg,
you must stuck your cane to the left, as you step your left leg, your cane
should stuck on right.
as per the mobility rules, one should not walk on footpath. instead, you
should walk on the road and use the footpath as sure line.
hope this will help.