[AI] ownership of vehicles by the visually challenged

Vamshi G gvamshiai at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 10:01:30 EDT 2010

Dear sir,

I heard there is road tax exemption if four wheelers are purchased by
physically challenged persons.  And I've been told there is a G O in this
regard issued by AP state government.  But I'm not able to get that

I've googled for it and found a document containing the details of a court
case in AP won by a physically challenged against the AP state government.
But the conditions in that document are as follows;

1.  The person purchasing that car should have a licence in his name. (This
means this is only for mildly disabled persons) 

2.  The vehicle should be driven exclusively by the buyer.

3.  There should be a board on the front side of the car stating that the
vehicle is driven by a physically challenged person.

If you want, I can send the document to your personal mail id.

Vamshi G
M: +91 9949349497
R: +91 877 2243861
Skype: gvamshi81
>From darkness unto light
-----Original Message-----
From: accessindia-bounces at accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-bounces at accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Subramani L
Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2010 8:13 PM
To: accessindia at accessindia.org.in
Subject: [AI] ownership of vehicles by the visually challenged

One of my friends wants his car to be transferred from his father's name
to his name. He is visually challenged and obviously won't be driving
the vehicle. He wants to know if there are benefits that he can avail by
owning the vehicle from the government or RTO? Thnks in advance.
Voice your thoughts in the blog to discuss the Rights of persons with
disability bill at:

To unsubscribe send a message to accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in with
the subject unsubscribe.

To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes, please
visit the list home page at

More information about the AccessIndia mailing list