[AI] FW: Accessible Devices LG Concept Phone For The Visually Impaired

Vamshi G gvamshiai at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 00:05:11 EDT 2010

Regards,
Vamshi G
M: +91 9949349497
R: +91 877 2243861
Skype: gvamshi81

www.retinaindia.org
>From darkness unto light

-----Original Message-----
From: a-d-bounces at accessible-devices.com
[mailto:a-d-bounces at accessible-devices.com] On Behalf Of Accessible Devices
Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2010 3:01 AM
To: Accessible Devices List
Subject: Accessible Devices LG Concept Phone For The Visually Impaired

    /This is all we currently have on this.
 LG's promising concept phone, the
Loop, was created with the visually impaired in mind. Too often, as
technology improves, the visually impaired are left behind to use dated
devices with inferior interfaces. The Loop hopes to remedy the situation.
The phone itself is entirely unconventional. It has no screen and no dial
pad. The phone only uses a small wheel to navigate through its menu system
and a heat-conductive Braille display on its side. The entire device looks
like a Bluetooth ear piece and has a clip so that it can easily be placed in
a pocket. It also splits in two, with one piece serving as the base unit and
the other as a Bluetooth headset.
The user will be able to identify incoming callers by running their finger
across the thermal Braille display on the ear piece. To dial a number, a
digital scroll wheel will be used, which will be supposedly much easier to
use than a keypad. I assume that there will also be voice navigation present
in the phone's operating system.
While this is just a concept for now, it's nice to see a large consumer
electronics company like LG take an explicit interest in the visually
impaired community and make an effort to design a usable and technologically
advanced mobile phone solution.
More companies should follow suit.
To read the original article, please go to
http://www.intomobile.com/2010/05/25/lg-loop-concept-phone-uses-thermal-brai
lle-display-for-the-visually-impaired.html
it inthe To: line of a blank message and send it.
You may download our podcasts from this link,
http://www.accessible-devices.com/Podcasts.html
Or if you're using a podcatcher of some type the subscribe URL is.
http://www.accessible-devices.com/feed.xml
Visit our website at:
www.accessible-devices.com
Please feel free to pass this message on to a friend who might like to
subscribe.
To subscribe to Accessible Devices send a blank e mail to:
a-d-subscribe at accessible-devices.com
Just follow the directions in the confirmation message when it comes.
Please Note: Accessible Devices is not able to provide tech support for
software or products that we supply information about.