[AI] AI Blog

harish harish at accessindia.org.in
Thu Jun 3 12:12:38 EDT 2010

Hello All

I do commend Rajesh Asudani for actively participating in the blog. I do
share Rajesh's anguish that presently there is lack of wide participation in
it.

Owing to the importance and the long term impact of the Act we have put
together this dedicated blog.

If there is any difficulty in using it, do let me know. We'll look into it.

However, I don't think it is technical issue which is the cause of this cold
response. I can just infer it is sheer complacency. Friends, we are all
aware of the gaps in the old law and how the deficiencies in it has effected
us badly. Now that when we have the power and means to shape the new law
then why this laid back attitude?

It does not require expertise in law to put your thoughts. Do frame your
opinion in simple and easy to understand language and justify your stand.

We are close to 1400 strong and only a handful participating in it.  This is
not acceptable. We have leaders of all interest groups also amongst us. It
calls for greater participation from all. I think it is necessary for all
organizations of the disabled to carry discourse on this extensively within
their own fold and voice with strength and conviction.

Let AccessIndia not turn out to be just a talking shop. Let us use our
collective wisdom wisely and derive tangible results from it.

Harish Kotian
Email: Harish at accessindia.org.in