[AI] Invitation for Retina India (Banglore chapter) meeting on June 5, 2010

Vamshi. G gvamshiai at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 12:32:27 EDT 2010

Retina India (Bangalore chapter) cordially invites you for its monthly
support group meeting.

Dear friends, volunteers and supporters of Retina India,

We take pleasure in announcing  that we will be having our monthly
meeting on Saturday, June 05, 2010 in which we will be discussing on
“Disability and maintaining relationships”. As we network with more
people and make friends with those from outside our geographical and
cultural milieu, we need to learn how to maintain friendships and how
to distinguish professional relationships from personal ones. Whatever
may be the nature of relationships, it is important for us not to burn
our bridges and understand what it takes to maintain relationships.

Dr. Ali Khwaja who runs the leading counseling agencies in Bangalore
Banjara Academy will be addressing the meeting, specifically on how
disability affects the way we relate with others and if things like
lack of eye contact affects our interaction with others. We welcome
everyone without restriction. Also, please take this opportunity to be
a part of Retina India and help us with our activities.

We thank members, volunteers, researchers, doctors and all our fellow
NGO friends who have made it possible for us to hold our monthly
support group meetings regularly. This is our sixth consecutive
meeting and we appreciate all those who had supported us.

Details of the meeting are below: