[AI] PNB CREDIT CARD FACILITY TO BLIND CUSTOMERS
BHAWANI SHANKAR VERMA
bsvermadurg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 23:11:00 EDT 2010
i am pasting the circular for pnb credit card for blind customers, in the interest of all blind customers. hence, this circular contains tables, please check the correct formatting before taking printout of the circular.
PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
CREDIT CARD VENTURE DIVISION
HO: 12th FLOOR, ATMA RAM HOUSE
1 TOLSTOY MARG, NEW DELHI 110 001
Tel: 011 - 23351759, 23353879 Fax: 23353876
Email: creditcardho at pnb.co.in
31st may, 2010
CCVD Circular No. 08/ 2010 ; Gist:
Issuance of Credit Cards for visually impaired customers maintaining account for last six months with PNB,
Eligibility Criteria and procedure to be followed
To All Circle Offices / Branches / Training Centres
SCHEME FOR ISSUE OF CREDIT CARD TO VISUALLY IMPAIRED PERSONS
As per Reserve Bank of India directions advising the banks to make available all the banking facilities to the visually challenged individuals, a scheme for issuing credit cards has been formulated. The details of the scheme are as follows:-
1. Eligibility Criteria
A Credit Card applicant who is visually impaired person must possess a voice enabled mobile phone for the purpose of communication of transaction happening on the credit card.
Minimum 10th Class Pass
For Primary Card
Income Criteria :- The applicant must have regular source of income
Salaried Individuals/ Business/ self employed / Professionals
Minimum. Rs.80,000/- pa.
The Applicant should either be resident / employed within the city limit of identified centre.
The applicant should be a Customer of PNB with a satisfactory track record for minimum six months
2. Other Specification: Only photo card will be issued
3. Documents to be submitted:
The Printed Credit card Application forms PNB 1151 for public will be used:-
Applicant, Individual account holder of PNB will submit his/her Application form along with undertaking as per annexure A, at an urban branch office where he/she maintains his/her account at the approved centre for credit card issuance.
Duly completed application form should be accompanied with the following documents: -
1.. Undertaking from the individual as per Annexure A.
2.. Applicants Photo to be affixed on the Application
3.. Copy of Residence Proof i.e. Voter ID card or Driving License or Passport or Telephone Bill or Electricity Bill.
4.. Self attested Copy of PAN Card; or, Form 60 / 61 ( with Photo ID).
5.. Copy of Income Proof i.e. copy of Form 16/ Income Tax Return or Salary Certificate.
4. Card Credit Limit: (Public) Preapproved Credit card limit as detailed hereafter:
Cash limit: 20% of Card Credit limit
Pre-approved card limits for various income ranges under classic cards for Public
80000 to 125000
Over Rs. 125000 to 150000
Card credit Limit
5. Terms and Conditions:
- All other terms and conditions as applicable to Individual /classic will be applicable.
6. Other Terms & conditions:
The following distinctive features have been added to the existing procedural guidelines, for issue of credit card to visually impaired persons:-
- A Credit Card applicant who is visually impaired person must possess a voice enabled mobile phone for the purpose of communication of transaction happening on the credit card.
- Only Photo-card will be issued. . Applicant must affix his/her photograph on his
- Pre-approved credit cards linked to income of the individual will be issued.
- Cash withdrawal limit for withdrawal of cash at ATM is proposed at 20% of card Credit limit.
- An undertaking as per format 'Annexure A ' to be obtained from the visually impaired person , whereby the individual will be responsible for all transactions taking place through usage of Credit Card at POS terminals/ATMs or through internet.
- PIN mailer will be sent to the Card Holder through 'Registered post only.
7. Staff cases: In case of staff the card holder limit and Classic/Gold will be issued as per scheme for issuing credit card to staff.
8. Procedure to be followed by Branch Office
Ø Incumbent-In-Charge of the branch will forward the application with recommendation only after he/she is satisfied that branch officials have performed the DIP check and applicant is fulfilling the KYC norms.
Ø Branch will then proceed to enter the application in the CBS system as per procedure detailed in Annexure II to ITD/CBS Circular No. 88 dated11.12.2008. The Applications will be entered in CBS by invoking the menu CCAPPL.
Ø After entering and verification of all applications through 'CCAPPL' for the day the 'Application Forwarding Schedule' will be generated by invoking Menu Option 'APPLSCHD'. Branch will print out the format in triplicate.
Ø Two sets of schedule along with Application and Annexure A (undertaking by the individual applicant along with attached documents will be sent to PNB Credit Card Processing Center at A 37, Sector 60 NOIDA and one copy of the schedule will be retained by the branches for their records."
9. PROCEDURE FOR ISSUING CREDIT CARD
1.. Credit Card (when issued) will not be dispatched directly to the Applicant. Instead the Credit card will be sent to HO; Credit card Venture Division by the service provider.
2.. CCVD will get the card deactivated and dispatch the card to Incumbent In-charge of the branch which has sourced the application.
3.. Branch Official will deliver the deactivated Credit card to Applicant Card Holder against his/her acknowledgement.
4.. Card Holder will get the card activated by calling up the Call centre.
5.. Cardholder will be advised by the application sourcing branch to immediately change the ATM PIN code at the nearest ATM machine so that the ATM PIN is only known to cardholder.
All concerned are requested to go through the above guidelines for issuance of credit card to visually impaired persons.
Asstt. General Manager
*Hindi version follows
(Letter of Undertaking from Visually Impaired persons)
Punjab National Bank
Credit Card Processing Centre
A-37, Sector 60 NOIDA (UP)
Reg: Request for Issuance of Credit Card
With reference to my application for issuance of Credit Card, I hereby declare and confirm that:-
1. I work as.......and my visual disability creates no hurdle in performing of my work. I can very well handle credit card if issued to me.
2. The Most Important Terms and Conditions of Credit card and features of the credit card have been read and clearly explained to me. I have understood the terms and conditions and features of credit card and perceived risk factors have been explained to me.
3. I understand the risk involved in handling the credit card, which are higher than the customer having normal eye vision.
4. I shall operate at ATM/and use credit card at Point of sale at my own risk and responsibility.
I am in full agreement of terms and conditions and request you to issue credit card to me and undertake that in case of any unauthorized withdrawal or misuse of credit card issued to me in any manner, Punjab national bank will not be held liable or responsible for the same.
I have been read out the contents the contents of application form filled up on the basis of information given by me and all information recorded therein have been provided by me and the same are correct.
That contents of the above undertaking and MITC and features of credit card have been read over to Mr/Ms..........
(Name of the customer) and who has signed /affixed thumb impression on this undertaking after understanding the contents and in token of having explained the contents as above to the customer, we append our signaturesto this undertaking as witnesses.
DECLARATION BY THE BANK OFFICIAL POSTED AT APPLICATION SOURCING BRANCH OFFICE
I........... .son/daughter of .......... aged...years and residing at.................do hereby state and declare and olemnly affirm that
I have read out and explained all the contents of of the application for credit card of Punjab National bank and terms and conditions applicable to the same to mr./ms............and he/she has confirmed to me that he/she has understood all such terms and conditions. I have been fully authorized by Mr./Ms..........
To complete all formalities with respect to issuance of credit card in accordance with his/her instructions.
Dated this......on this day.......
Signature of Bank Official
More information about the AccessIndia