[AI] Converting the format

V. Jayakumar jayakumar.vaishnavi at gmail.com
Sat May 29 10:36:04 EDT 2010


Hi Sachit,

No need for software when things are possible online as SaaS!

Media-Convert.com converts anything and everything formatwise. Zamzar is
another option. Also youconvertit.com

Problem with software is that there doesn't seem to be one universal
converter. So you land up with too many different specialised converters.

Online is way easier...even emails you when done. Welcome to cloud
computing!

But if you really, really want som freeware...try this
http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-3GP-Video-Converter.htm

Vaishnavi

On 29 May 2010 15:34, <accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in> wrote:

> Send AccessIndia mailing list submissions to
>        accessindia at accessindia.org.in
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>
> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in
>
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>        accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>        accessindia-owner at accessindia.org.in
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of AccessIndia digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. Differently-abled persons were demanding government jobs
>      (Gopalakrishnan)
>   2. Re: Science for VI students in classes XI and XII
>      (Dr. Homiyar Mobedji)
>   3. Re: Science for VI students in classes XI and XII
>      (Srinivasu Chakravarthula)
>   4. Re: JAWS does not read notepad text,      only says blank! Re:
>      AccessIndia Digest, Vol 49, Issue 157 (syed imran)
>   5. Re: JAWS does not read notepad text,      only says blank! Re:
>      AccessIndia Digest, Vol 49, Issue 157 (Zujar Shabbir Kanchwala)
>   6. Looking for the Mastering Modern Englidh Book please
>      (Steve Boodram)
>   7. webcast on proof reading by mr. l. subramani! (prateek aggarwal)
>   8. Glossary for website users, designers and developers.
>      (govind reddy)
>   9. Re: ADMIN: Author-it Webinar Series for Technical Writers
>      (Dr. Yogesh Sharma)
>  10. Converting the format (Sachit Kumar Sahrawat)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 07:49:49 +0530
> From: "Gopalakrishnan" <gopalakrishnan_vip at yahoo.co.in>
> To: "Access India" <accessindia at accessindia.org.in>
> Subject: [AI] Differently-abled persons were demanding government jobs
> Message-ID: <01B6592D38554BB0A2B8DD0F6A158590 at blacky>
> Content-Type: text/plain;       charset="Windows-1252"
>
> Karunanidhi breaks schedule to meet, convince protesters to withdraw stir
>
>
>
> Special Correspondent
>
>
>
> Differently-abled persons were demanding government jobs
>
>
>
> lending an ear:Chief Minister M.Karunanidhi interacting with
> differently-abled persons, at the Government General Hospital in Chennai on
> Friday.
>
> Chennai: Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi had an unscheduled appointment on
> Friday.
>
> After learning from the morning newspapers that differently-abled persons
> were on hunger strike for the third day, he landed up at the Government
> General Hospital even before his breakfast.
>
> Delighted to see the Chief Minister personally arriving to listen to their
> grievances, the differently-abled persons gave vent to their sorrow. Saying
> their families shunned them, they pleaded for government employment.
>
> Informing them that the government had a separate department for the
> differently-abled, the Chief Minister told them that they should have
> approached him personally for redress of grievances. Promising to fulfil
> their demand within a week, Mr. Karunanidhi asked them to give up their fast
> and go home.
>
> Based on the Chief Minister's assurance, they gave up their protest.
> Assuring them that the government order would be passed soon, Mr.
> Karunanidhi returned home for his breakfast, stated an official release.
>
> According to it, the government had appointed 77 visually impaired persons
> trained at the special educators training school in Poonamallee but could
> not provide jobs immediately to 72 more differently-abled persons from the
> same school.
>
> As per norms, 2 per cent of special educators' posts are reserved for
> visually impaired and 1 percent for differently-abled.
>
> The latter were informed that they would also be appointed through Teachers
> Recruitment Board as and when vacancies arose.
>
> Contending that the government should not differentiate among impaired
> persons, the differently-abled launched a hunger strike on Wednesday.
> Despite the Chennai District Welfare Officer for the Disabled promising to
> take up the issue and in spite of being admitted to the GH, they continued
> their strike till the Chief Minister met them, the release added.
>
>
>
> Date:29/05/2010
>
>
>
> URL:
>
> http://www.thehindu.com/2010/05/29/stories/2010052962350400.htm
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 08:07:05 +0530
> From: "Dr. Homiyar Mobedji" <dr.homiyar at gmail.com>
> To: <accessindia at accessindia.org.in>
> Subject: Re: [AI] Science for VI students in classes XI and XII
> Message-ID: <95B93DFF5549434EAF0AC278D8779170 at HomiyarPC>
> Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
>        reply-type=original
>
>    Dear Kartik,
> Please get in touch with the XRCVC in Mumbai, they have the support
> mechanism for helping VI students in the 10th and 12th standards in the
> state of Maharastra.
> Their web site is xrcvc.org
>
> the contact person would be either Dr. Sam Taraporewala or Miss Neha
> Trevedi.
> Thanks,
> Dr. Homiyar
>
> --------------------------------------------------
> From: "Kartik Sawhney" <sawhney.kartik at gmail.com>
> Sent: Saturday, May 29, 2010 12:11 AM
> To: <accessindia at accessindia.org.in>
> Subject: [AI] Science for VI students in classes XI and XII
>
> > I am really sorry, but I am repeating the mail. I am Kartik, and I
> > wish to take up Sciences-PCM in classes XI and XII. Any visually
> > challenged (100%) students, who have taken up Sciences in XI and XII,
> > or anyone having contacts to any such students, or any VI student
> > pursuing B.Tech. in Computer Science, plz contact me off the list at
> > my E-mail ID sawhney.kartik at gmail.com. Any members from countries like
> > US etc. where VIs are taking up Sciences in high school, do contact me
> > as to how do they manage it.
> >
> > Regards,
> > -Kartik
> >
> >
> >
> > To unsubscribe send a message to accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in
> > with the subject unsubscribe.
> >
> > To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes,
> > please visit the list home page at
> >
> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 09:04:39 +0530
> From: Srinivasu Chakravarthula <srinivasu at srinivasu.org>
> To: accessindia at accessindia.org.in
> Subject: Re: [AI] Science for VI students in classes XI and XII
> Message-ID:
>        <AANLkTikbb9US_2vOkaYVHRZ4MVLJmErhFkMa3jEn4fk7 at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> Also, you can get in touch with Nagababu who has doe his BTech and
> Pavan who is completing his BTech. Contact me off list for their
> contact info.
>
> On 5/29/10, Dr. Homiyar Mobedji <dr.homiyar at gmail.com> wrote:
> >     Dear Kartik,
> > Please get in touch with the XRCVC in Mumbai, they have the support
> > mechanism for helping VI students in the 10th and 12th standards in the
> > state of Maharastra.
> > Their web site is xrcvc.org
> >
> > the contact person would be either Dr. Sam Taraporewala or Miss Neha
> > Trevedi.
> > Thanks,
> > Dr. Homiyar
> >
> > --------------------------------------------------
> > From: "Kartik Sawhney" <sawhney.kartik at gmail.com>
> > Sent: Saturday, May 29, 2010 12:11 AM
> > To: <accessindia at accessindia.org.in>
> > Subject: [AI] Science for VI students in classes XI and XII
> >
> >> I am really sorry, but I am repeating the mail. I am Kartik, and I
> >> wish to take up Sciences-PCM in classes XI and XII. Any visually
> >> challenged (100%) students, who have taken up Sciences in XI and XII,
> >> or anyone having contacts to any such students, or any VI student
> >> pursuing B.Tech. in Computer Science, plz contact me off the list at
> >> my E-mail ID sawhney.kartik at gmail.com. Any members from countries like
> >> US etc. where VIs are taking up Sciences in high school, do contact me
> >> as to how do they manage it.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> -Kartik
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> To unsubscribe send a message to accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in
> >> with the subject unsubscribe.
> >>
> >> To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes,
> >> please visit the list home page at
> >>
> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > To unsubscribe send a message to accessindia-request at accessindia.org.inwith
> > the subject unsubscribe.
> >
> > To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes,
> please
> > visit the list home page at
> >
> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in
> >
>
> --
> Sent from my mobile device
>
> Best regards,
>
> Srinivasu Chakravarthula
> Mobile: +91 990 081 0881
> Website: http://www.srinivasu.org
> Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/sriniworld/
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 09:14:52 +0530
> From: syed imran <syed.fame at gmail.com>
> To: accessindia at accessindia.org.in
> Subject: Re: [AI] JAWS does not read notepad text,      only says blank!
>        Re:     AccessIndia Digest, Vol 49, Issue 157
> Message-ID:
>        <AANLkTimhzZ3h8VxqFol2SpkMOAYbAx3uaYhLKhqyfpvJ at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> hi
> u wud also wanna check
> 1 whether the jaws video intercept is installed properly.
> 2 that ur notepad is maximized and word rap is checked
> 3 also try restarting jaws, it might help.
>
> and yeah, as our friend said, do crosscheck with that font size thingy
> too. good luck!:-)
>
>
> syed
>
> On 5/28/10, Saravanan Ramadoss <saravanan.ramadoss1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello  friends,
> > I am facing typical problem  from today  afternoon. My  systems JAWS does
> > not read notepad & H.J. pad text; "it tells only blank); but  it reads
>  M.S.
> > office  3  Word text &  mails in outlook & internet clearly.
> > I am using  JAWS 10 with  with Office XP. What  would be the solution? I
> > urgently  require your  help.
> > ______
> > Please feel free to pass  your comments, feedbacks & new ideas to  the
> below
> > menntioned contact details.
> > Email:
> > saravanan.ramadoss1 at gmail.com
> > saravanan_2008 at hotmail.com
> > *******
> > The harder the conflicts, the more  glorious the triumph - Thomas Paine.
> > True friendship consists not inn multitude of friends, but in their worth
> > and value - Ben Jonson.
> > ######
> >  Adieu.
> > Saravanan.R
> > $$$$$$$$$
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > To unsubscribe send a message to accessindia-request at accessindia.org.inwith
> > the subject unsubscribe.
> >
> > To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes,
> please
> > visit the list home page at
> >
> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in
> >
>
>
> --
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> -.-.-.-Faint heart never won fair lady_._._._._
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 09:37:11 +0530
> From: "Zujar Shabbir Kanchwala" <zujarbright at gmail.com>
> To: <accessindia at accessindia.org.in>
> Subject: Re: [AI] JAWS does not read notepad text,      only says blank!
>        Re:     AccessIndia Digest, Vol 49, Issue 157
> Message-ID: <000c01cafee4$6c7cb070$45761150$@com>
> Content-Type: text/plain;       charset="us-ascii"
>
> Check your Font and Font Size. JAWS doesn't read too large fonts. If
> everything is alright, you may need to repair/re-install JAWS. I had to do
> so when faced with a similar issue.
>
> Best Regards,
> Zujar...
>
> An optimist laughs to forget, whereas a pessimist forgets to laugh!
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: accessindia-bounces at accessindia.org.in
> [mailto:accessindia-bounces at accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of syed imran
> Sent: Saturday, May 29, 2010 9:15 AM
> To: accessindia at accessindia.org.in
> Subject: Re: [AI] JAWS does not read notepad text, only says blank! Re:
> AccessIndia Digest, Vol 49, Issue 157
>
> hi
> u wud also wanna check
> 1 whether the jaws video intercept is installed properly.
> 2 that ur notepad is maximized and word rap is checked
> 3 also try restarting jaws, it might help.
>
> and yeah, as our friend said, do crosscheck with that font size thingy
> too. good luck!:-)
>
>
> syed
>
> On 5/28/10, Saravanan Ramadoss <saravanan.ramadoss1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello  friends,
> > I am facing typical problem  from today  afternoon. My  systems JAWS does
> > not read notepad & H.J. pad text; "it tells only blank); but  it reads
> M.S.
> > office  3  Word text &  mails in outlook & internet clearly.
> > I am using  JAWS 10 with  with Office XP. What  would be the solution? I
> > urgently  require your  help.
> > ______
> > Please feel free to pass  your comments, feedbacks & new ideas to  the
> below
> > menntioned contact details.
> > Email:
> > saravanan.ramadoss1 at gmail.com
> > saravanan_2008 at hotmail.com
> > *******
> > The harder the conflicts, the more  glorious the triumph - Thomas Paine.
> > True friendship consists not inn multitude of friends, but in their worth
> > and value - Ben Jonson.
> > ######
> >  Adieu.
> > Saravanan.R
> > $$$$$$$$$
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > To unsubscribe send a message to accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in
> with
> > the subject unsubscribe.
> >
> > To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes,
> please
> > visit the list home page at
> >
> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in
> >
>
>
> --
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> -.-.-.-Faint heart never won fair lady_._._._._
>
>
>
> To unsubscribe send a message to accessindia-request at accessindia.org.inwith
> the subject unsubscribe.
>
> To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes,
> please
> visit the list home page at
>  http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 9.0.819 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2901 - Release Date: 05/28/10
> 11:55:00
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 01:15:58 -0400
> From: Steve Boodram <steveboodram071 at gmail.com>
> To: <accessindia at accessindia.org.in>
> Subject: [AI] Looking for the Mastering Modern Englidh Book please
> Message-ID: <5D5E2B3FACD54D4DB45B5F88F94FE774 at boodramcefd02e>
> Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
>        reply-type=original
>
> Hi friends;
> Humble pranaks to you.
> Chould anyone provice me with information where I could download the book
> Mastering Modern English please.
> Can't remember who is the author, but the publisher was Longman LTD or
> something like that.
> I had a Braille copy of the book that got destroyed.
> Thanks.
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 12:51:23 +0530
> From: prateek aggarwal <prateekagarwal99 at gmail.com>
> To: accessindia <accessindia at accessindia.org.in>
> Subject: [AI] webcast on proof reading by mr. l. subramani!
> Message-ID:
>        <AANLkTikF_q70opEZUyxh_IKSvv4cCWQgW-_hMKqgcjBc at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252
>
> ?Proofreading is vitally important, hard to do well, and tedious as
> hell.? ~Brian Clark.
>
> Proofreading traditionally means reading  a proof copy  of a text
>  in order to detect and correct any errors. Modern proofreading often
> requires reading
> copy
>  at earlier stages as well.
>
> Whether you are writing a magazine article, a college essay or an
> email to a client, getting your text free of mistakes is essential.
> Having an erroneous article, essay or   e-mail may sabotage your task,
> frustrate your client, or even may cause you deduction in marks.
> Is there any way out that  may make your writing perfect and error free?
>
> In the words of Mark Twain, "In the first place God made idiots," he
> once wrote. "This was for practice. Then he made proof-readers.".
> So, are proof readers made by god?
> May be yes, but it?s even possible for people like you and me to learn
> the art of proof reading and editing.
> All that?s required is a passion to learn, interest in reading and
> writing, and above all, an expert  who can teach all the concepts with
> patients.
>
> If you having a passion and interest,  then an expert wants to teach you.
> One of the india?s premier journalists, mr. l. subramani is going to
> present an exclusive webcast about how to do proof reading and
> editing.
> Mr. l. subramani is a visually impaired person himself,but his
> excellence and expertise always proves him better then his sighted
> counterparts.
>  Join mr,  subramani at 10:00 AM Indian standard time on Sunday 30th
> may 2010 for learning the core concepts of proof reading and editing
> in an exclusive online webcast.
>
>
> How to join:
> Tune in the webcast by going to
> www.prateekagarwal.webs.com
> on this page, you will find a link call ?go to webcast page?. Click
> this link and then the link ?join the webcast? to play the webcast in
> your web browser.
> If you are not able to listen it in your web browser, you can play it
> in your favorite media player as well.
> Find the links I.E. ?play in winamp and Itunes?, ?play in windows
> media player?, ?play in real player? and so on.
>
> For more information, visit www.prateekagarwal.webs.com
>
> Please contact me on
> Prateekagarwal99 at gmail.com
>
> in case of any difficulty.
>
>
> Disclaimer:
> Though all the efforts have been made to make the webcast available,
> but neither the presenter nor the website will be responsible for any
> technical error, disruption or so on.
>
> regards,
> Prateek agarwal.
>  Skype:
> Prateek_agarwal32
> Wanna see inside me? My blog is the telescope:
> http://www.myfriendprateek.blogspot.com
> website:
> http://www.prateekagarwal.webs.com
>
> the best way to accomplish your softwares/websites development needs.
> You tell, I?ll build.
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 12:52:30 +0530
> From: govind reddy <sgreddy4 at gmail.com>
> To: accessindia <accessindia at accessindia.org.in>
> Subject: [AI] Glossary for website users, designers and developers.
> Message-ID:
>        <AANLkTikhMv9PH2m_JxspLpesL3qPCwgbyhtFUiaYbO9y at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> Hi,
> Pl log on to
>
> http://www.dsm-design.co.uk/Default.aspx?pagename=web-glossary
>
>
> --
> LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN THE SAND AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN
> STONE!!!
> They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to
> appreciate them, a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget
> them.
> With Warm Regards,
> Govind, Business development Executive and SEO writer:
>  Mobile: 9030915271, 9959392651.
> Email:
> sgreddy4 at gmail.com
> Website:
> www.dotweb.in
> |
> www.skillbase.in
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 9
> Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 13:40:01 +0530
> From: "Dr. Yogesh Sharma" <yogesh.sharma569 at gmail.com>
> To: <accessindia at accessindia.org.in>
> Subject: Re: [AI] ADMIN: Author-it Webinar Series for Technical
>        Writers
> Message-ID: <2EE0EEDFBCDE45BF86E7EAE93459BC2E at y1>
> Content-Type: text/plain;       charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Dear Madam, kindly clarify the purpose behind this mail. Is it only
> regarding the authors of books based on engineering subjects? if not, is it
> an add by some publisher to contact authors who wish to get their books
> published through him? thanks in advance.
> With best regards,
>              Yogesh Sharma
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 10
> Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 15:32:18 +0530
> From: "Sachit Kumar Sahrawat" <sirsachit at gmail.com>
> To: <accessindia at accessindia.org.in>
> Subject: [AI] Converting the format
> Message-ID: <290F9E51913D4BE0B27EB32D2D28110B at DON>
> Content-Type: text/plain;       charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Dear All!
>
> I have some video clips in 3gp format.  If I burn a CD using this format,
> it does not get played or work.  Is there any software which can convert 3gp
> movies in to 'dat' format or in any other format using which a CD can be
> burnt and which can be played on any standard CD player.  Thanks in advance.
>
>
>
>
>
> WITH BEST REGARDS FROM
>
> SACHIT KUMAR SAHRAWAT
>
> E-MAIL : sirsachit at gmail.com
> MOB : +919868849358
> SKYPE : sachitsir
>
>
> sahrawat family
> delhi india
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> AccessIndia mailing list
> AccessIndia at accessindia.org.in
> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in
>
>
> End of AccessIndia Digest, Vol 49, Issue 191
> ********************************************
>



-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------
Pablo Picasso - "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."



More information about the AccessIndia mailing list