[AI] No objection certificate of parrents to obtain ATM card.

Himanshu Sahu sahu.himanshu2010 at gmail.com
Sat May 22 06:41:59 EDT 2010

The simple procedure should be to take a written note from the
officials of any bank  proving denial of such applications. And even
if it  is not possible, then the Bank's gbranch name, staff/officer
name can be noted down.
Further, the matter can be forwarded to the RBI's  Ombudsmen  cell.
My experience suggests that  they deal with such issue very seriously.

On 5/21/10, Suhas Karnik <suhasvkarnik at hotmail.com> wrote:

> A visually impaired person named Dhanaji Kadam approached Jogeshwary branch
> of punjab national bank to obtain ATM card. The bank officials asked him to
> furnished a no objection certificate from his parrents.
>
> The advocacy department of national association for the blind intervened in
> matter and tried to convinced the bank authorities to not to insist for such
> formality which is unwarranted. Inspite of drawing the attention towards
> RBIcircular the reply was that the bank has framed internal rules for such
> matters.
>

> NAB is trying to contact higher authorities in this behalf.
>
> Regards.
>
> Suhas Karnik.

Thanks and regards
                   Himanshu Sahu