[AI] travel in disability coach

Asudani, Rajesh rajeshasudani at rbi.org.in
Wed May 12 07:06:06 EDT 2010

One more reason, and in my opinion paramount reason, is that a disabled passenger has to encounter much more difficulties in case of travel by unreserved ordinary general coach.
For most of Disabled, that is the only mode of transport affordable.
Moreover,  any of us financially okay persons  also may have to travel unreserved in case of urgent travel.
So, having an unreserved disabled coach serves the purpose of easing such travel, in addition to fulfilling above requirements.
Allotting HP quota berths makes the coach ambiguously notorious as reserved and general both can claim a share in it.
Having HP berths in slipper coach mostly takes care of reasonably convenient travel versus travelling unreserved.

Regards

                                        --Arthur C. Clarke

(Rajesh Asudani)

Assistant General Manager,