[AI] Problem of Sensus

Vikas Gupta vikasedu at gmail.com
Tue May 11 07:27:07 EDT 2010

I have been told that after a lot of protests, disability was included
in a very minar way in the last census. It would be nice if someone
can share with the accessIndians related information or if there arre
some published works based on such census figures. I have also been
told that the left hand of Ms. Mayawati(UP CM) Shri Satish Shukla has
written an article on the census figures pertaining to disabled in an
edition of India Today.
This kind of information may prove helpful for us in planning our
strategy for improvement on this front in the coming census.
Amar, if you can send me the schedule, (or its precise link), I will
try to send it back to you and others in the word format.
Information, understanding and determination are the key to success:
let us join our hands in a movement for better information generation
about disabled and disabilities.
Best
Vikas Gupta

On 5/11/10, Mohammed Asif iqbal <asifmaiqbal at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am sadden to note that Sensus official came to my home yesterday and took
> data related to Sensus.  I am anguish to point out that they did not ask any
> question with regard to disability but they did ask question related to CAST
> such as SC/ ST/ others.  It is indeed horrifying to note that there is no
> official data on disability.  We really failed as far as lobbying for
> disability being included in national sensus. It’s too late to lobby for
> inclusion. Hope I am wrong.
>
> Regards
>
> Asif

Vikas Gupta