[AI] Transfer policy w.r.t PWD Act

Asudani, Rajesh rajeshasudani at rbi.org.in
Tue May 11 07:00:15 EDT 2010

Disabilities act does not talk about transfer.
It mentions congenial work environment.
The phrase has been interpreted to include exemption from routine transfers at times by courts, but there is no general rule as such.
Central government had issued a GR for group c and d employees giving them preference for posting/transfer in or around their native place.
It has been extended to class 1 and 2 employees as well.
It has been adopted by railways also.
However, at least in railways, it is observed more in breach.
Then it depends on particular departments/institutions.
Approach of KV is positive about this.
They have even carved out category of CDA, meaning category not to be dislocated and have included disabled in it.
Others are not positive and deal with cases on individual basis and sympathetic grounds.
We should suggest suitable provision to new committee drafting the disability act.

Regards

                                        --Arthur C. Clarke

(Rajesh Asudani)

Assistant General Manager,