[AI] Problem of Sensus

Amar Jain amarjain2006 at gmail.com
Tue May 11 06:30:32 EDT 2010

Dear Asif Bhaiya and Others,
After Harish sir's mail on census I visited census india website, and saw
that on their homepage they have given a link called "movie clips for
disabled". It's a simple advertisement kind of thing.
I am also afraid that whenever the census officer will visit my place
whether he will be knowing anything about disability or not, therefore I was
interested in looking at the schedules of census 2011 for both houselisting
and NPR, so that I can provide correct information. But the available copy
of the schedules in English is scanned without any text in it.
I have dropped an email just now on the email id which was mentioned on
their website, and awaiting their reply in this regard.
I would request others also to make them understand that scanned copies are
stopping us from reading the schedules. Therefore please visit the website
of census india and drop an email to them.
The website is:
www.censusindia.gov.in
I do not have sighted assistance or else I would have converted that
schedule into text.
I am excited about this census since for the first time I am giving my data
at my own!
I am trying to reach to the helpline number mentioned by Harish sir and on
the website also but I always get number busy error.
Lets ensure that our experts efforts do not go in vain.
Regards
Amar Jain.