[AI] Travel in disability coach

Amar Jain amarjain2006 at gmail.com
Tue May 11 04:59:28 EDT 2010

Dear Sir,
Let me tell you my story:
I was going from Virar to Anand in Lokshakti Express, my ticket was booked
in handicap coach. When I reached Virar station I found that on chart there
was no mention of the coach no. SL1, which was my coach and it was handicap
coach. There is no display board in Virar.
I approached station master, and asked him the position of the coach. He
said that this coach is not there only in the train despite showing him the
ticket and sent me to S1. Despite of my requests that please call Bandra
station from where this train starts and ask the position, he refused.
The tt of S1 obviously told me to go to my actual coach, which was at the
other side of the train. I tried going through AC compartment but the
shutter was closed. And the guy did not open. I requested tt to provide me
alternate accomodation and after bit quoral he did that and sent me to S4
with my heavy luggage. I waited an hour or so then he came and provided the
birth.
I have lauged a complaint against the neglegenceof chart preparing guy and
station master, via pgportal.gov.in, the complaint was forwarded to westurn
railway and from there to churchgate station, but till today no action is
taken.
I am waiting few more days otherwise I will write to department of
administrative reforms.
You can laudge your complaint online using pgportal.gov.in.