[AI] Travel in disability coach

Himanshu Sahu sahu.himanshu2010 at gmail.com
Tue May 11 04:54:33 EDT 2010

Hi,
Sharing one similar incident happened with me in end of September,
last year when I was coming back from Siliguri to Kolkata.
It was very first time that I had got reservation in coach for
Disabled. TT and guard checked my tickets along with disability
certificate like I had committed a sin traveling in the coach.
During journey, whole night TT and Guard boarded unauthorised
passengers in the coach without tickets and charging Rs. hundred to
two hundred according to distance of destined station.
Due to the mess, I was not able to sleep properly and passengers were
sitting on my birth with full authority. Even I was scared for my
luggage because in that I had kept all of my original certificates.
Many passengers were quarrelling with Guard like co-passengers of any
local bus or general compartment of Railway.
When the situation got worst, and it was around two hours left to
reach Kolkata, I called my family and told them to come on station
with  our lawyer so that I can register complain against the Guard and
TT.
The conversation was heard by Guard and he got scared and started
apologizing for the inconvenience. Here especially I would like to
mention that in the particular coach one disabled passenger from
Railway itself was traveling.
Finally, I reached to Shyaldah station with the Guard’s promise that
he would never repeat such misconduct.

On 5/10/10, Rakesh Kumar Gupta <rkgd1964 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, You can lodge the serious complain in Consumer court.
> I find, specially since last year, HP Quota is being giving in Handicapped
> Coach which is normally used as General Coach for Disabled.
> Regards,
> Rakesh.

Thanks and regards
                   Himanshu Sahu