[AI] matter of promotion in A.B. post

Asudani, Rajesh rajeshasudani at rbi.org.in
Mon May 10 02:05:33 EDT 2010

Hi Sunil
Under section 47 of PWD act, disabled can not be denied promotion on the ground of disability.
It translates in practical terms as disabled can not be debarred from competing for promotion along with able bodied, but there is no reservation therein unlike SC/ST which was done through constitutional amendment.
So, nobody can debar VI from competing for PGT as the post is an identified one.
However, you will have to score at par with general candidates for getting the post.
If you are not permitted to compete, you may approach authorities  like CPD AND ccpd, failing which HC etc.
However, if you are not given the promotion despite competing, you may ask for your score through RTI.
For reservation in promotion, a long battle is required.

Regards

                                        --Arthur C. Clarke

(Rajesh Asudani)

Assistant General Manager,