[AI] Regarding medical transcription.

Subramani L lsubramani at deccanherald.co.in
Fri May 7 02:50:26 EDT 2010

There isn't any connection with the two. Doctors in the US need
well-drafted reports for their clients which they can't draft by
themselves. Speech recognition has an impact in situations where a
person cannot use their hands to work on the keyboard. I have also heard
of folks trying to build applications where a person's voice can be used
as a unique identification in tele banking and similar kinds of IVT
based services. Tht apart, I have not heard or read speech recognition
impacting medical transcription (remember: MT is also done by able
bodied folks).

Subramani