[AI] Committee to draft new disability law.

Asudani, Rajesh rajeshasudani at rbi.org.in
Thu May 6 05:42:47 EDT 2010

Why don't we speak to any members of committee and apprise them of our demands and suggestions instead for waiting for draft to be made public on which baits are held, now.
If any of the members is accessible and willing to listen, she/he may take up the wider concerns and have them incorporated in the law.
I believe at least one committee member is also a member in this list.
So, what is the harm in adopting the strategy.
Committees should not function in ivory towers or vacuum.

Instead of committee proceedings being a closed secret, I think as citizens of democratic country, we should know about deliberations and even try to have our points reach the committee members!!!!

Anyway, the process has begun, and high hopes were pinned on a brand new statute instead of half-baked amendments which were well on the way to become law. So, now let us wait for the GODOT!!!!

Regards

                                        --Arthur C. Clarke

(Rajesh Asudani)

Assistant General Manager,