[AI] Committee to draft new disability law.

Viraj Kafle vkafle at gmail.com
Thu May 6 04:34:32 EDT 2010

I don't think we can take the need for representation of the stakeholders so
lightly. Nor can we trust the government or the ministry. dominant social
groups tend to derail the inclusion of marginalised sections and therefore
initiatives taken by them often end up to be not more than toconism.

I personally have no passion as such for the so-called national
organizations. But I wonder whether a serious attempt to include PWDs from
various sections and strata of society in the entire discourse has been
made.