[AI] Disclosing disability in CV

Subramani L lsubramani at deccanherald.co.in
Sun Apr 25 10:54:54 EDT 2010

Despite being a disadvantage, I strongly feel the disability of a person
must be clearly mentioned in a separate section ccalled "Disability" and
a proper description of it. Hiding it would make you guilty of
concealing a fact that is vital to the employee's judgement of you.
Since in some cases you may be the first disabled ccandidate to be
appearing for the job, hiding your disability would also imply you are
not comfortable about your disability, which would never leave you in a
stronger position to convince your potential employer that your
disability won't come in the way of your ability to perform. Besides if
you are not comfortable about it, the employee will have all the good
reasons of not feeling  comfortable hiring you.

Hiding it is hardly going to help you, so mention it voluntarily and
show that you have done a good job of dealing with the ccondition
yourself. Surely some employees will see the logic of such an argument
and -with all your prowess with the PC and internet- may even think of
giving you a chance.

Subramani