[AI] regarding internet banking.

Amar Jain amarjain2006 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 20:39:35 EDT 2010

Respected Sir,
Internet banking is very much safe for us, provided that we maintain the
confidentiality of the login information.
It is advisable to not to use public computers for internet banking, so if
you have computer at home, you may use there confidently.
And the features like enable high security in SBI which sends you an sms
which contains password, for any transaction makes E-banking more secure.
Same way in the case of cards you have got feature of extra authentication
while transacting online using your card which will be introduced in IVRS by
2011 as per latest guidelines of RBI makes it secure.
The new feature of SBI net banking for visually challenged which allows you
to lock your username instantly using a keystroke in case of any thret
provides you good security.
I don't have good knowledge about it, but few banks have come up with some
USB device concept. It is a security measure but what it is all about, I
don't know.
So if you are confident that you can maintain account login information, and
if you can insure that your computer is secured in a way not full of viruses
etc, then you are good to go.
I am using E-banking, and hasn't come across any risky incident as such.
Regards
Amar Jain.