[AI] Seeking your input with regard to UniqueIdentity Authority of India (UIAI)

harish harish at accessindia.org.in
Sat Apr 24 07:32:14 EDT 2010

Hello Asif
A great initiative. To add to the discussion, The UID would also help in
authentication of disability while dealing with international agencies like
BookShare which may open up a larger number of titles in comparision to the
present.

Similarly, the government agencies dealing in online fascilities could also
use it for similar purpose.
The thumb impression database could be built where blind persons can use
thumb impression for transaction like fund transfer and affixing it on
cheques.

It could also be used as a digital signature.
Harish.