[AI] Forwarded message.Fwd: [blindCity]

Sathiyaprakash Ramdoss sathiya.ramdoss at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 10:40:54 EDT 2010

 You are right Subramani. However, for VI students who are currently
pursuing their under graduate / graduate  studies in the United states
have few  scholarships available in the United states itself. Most
often, these scholarship selection criteria do not expect you to hold
American citizenship or proof for permenant residence. Therefore, all
international students are eligible  to apply.  Some of the
scholarships that are available for VI students pursuing their higher
education in US are:
National Federation of the Blind scholarship
American Council of the Blind Scholarship
American Blind Citizen Scholarship and there is only one  scholarship
available for international students  from American Foundation for the
Blind  called "Ferdinand Torus scholarship. In addition, NFB and ACB
have their own state chapters and will be administering their own
scholarship programs and again,  these generous and magnanimous folks
do not  use citizenship as a selection criteria. I think "Vasudeva
Kudumpakam" works very well here. Thanking You All.

Sathiyaprakash.