[AI] Seeking your input with regard to Unique Identity Authority of India (UIAI)

Asudani, Rajesh rajeshasudani at rbi.org.in
Fri Apr 23 07:58:09 EDT 2010

Besides, If UID is combined with biometric data and it is verified at the time of various transactions, which is a long shot in India, then even various online and off-line transactions requiring disability verification may be greatly facilitated.
One such instance is online booking of concession tickets.
Further, meaningful research can be undertaken, at least by government agencies which have access to UID data, pertaining to various parameters and their relation to disability or otherwise. Statistics like education and income levels or housing conditions of disabled would be readily available and more authentic than just sample surveys.

Regards

                                        --Arthur C. Clarke

(Rajesh Asudani)

Assistant General Manager,